It finally happened: I peed in the dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's a balanced valve, so this works fine. Unbalanced, you probably want to prime it first, so in that case I don't think looking for the bubbles would really tell you anything.

I'm a huge proponent of unbalanced pee-valves. But you must remember to prime them on land (or in the boat) first. Once primed they are good to go and I never had an issue. They are far easier to flush and keep clean than balanced valves.

Ever since I started diving dry I have always been worried about having to pee while in it...because...you know....everyone owes in their wetsuit.
After I did a 75min dive where our guide got lost and we had to then do a 45min surface swim to get back to the dock when I needed to pee 20min into the dive. I knew I was going to add a P valve when I go my own dry suit.
Fast forward...everything has been fine, I use wide band condom catheters, I plumb in the p valve every time I wear the dry suit. I haven’t had any issues...until yesterday. The catheter must have come off during the dive at some point.
So what did I do differently this time? I didn’t put the catheter on first thing in the morning when I got out of bed. I was running late and put in on in the port-a-can after I had started sweeting. Lesson here, make the catheter this first thing you put on.
Preach to that choir!!!
Only two kinds of pee system users...those who have peed in their suit, and those who are going to pee in their suit...

I'm a huge proponent of unbalanced pee-valves. But you must remember to prime them on land (or in the boat) first. Once primed they are good to go and I never had an issue. They are far easier to flush and keep clean than balanced valves.

I am the same. I went to a balanced for a very short time, then switched back to unbalanced. It is my experience that you will only forget to prime it one time. Especially if that time happens on a hot drop.

DW

I don't know if mine is balanced or not!

I pee and open it at the same time, then once I've finished peeing I close it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom