Issue with video on Paralenz cameras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AndyAb

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I sent an email to Paralenz support on this and am waiting a reply.

My friend and I each bought a Paralenz camera for our trip to Maritius. We wanted to test the camera before using it on our dive. We installed SanDisk Extreme Plus MicroSD U3 V30 128GB memory cards in the camera. We took pictures and videos which show up on the SD card as files but 0MB in size and they are all lack.

The lens is open without obstruction. I've tried reviewing the pictures/video in the Paralenz App as well inserting the SD in a windows 10 computer.

What am I doing wrong here. I'm thinking it's got to be something simple. I have yet to hear back from Paralenz support and since we are leaving next Tuesday, I wanted to reach out to the group here.

Anyone have any ideas?

Format the sd card with the camera and try reinstalling the firmware. I've also heard it's important to let the camera fully boot before switching to video. Worst case you may need to downgrade the firmware. It seems they are still working out bugs and providing log files and feedback is the only way they can tackle it.

S you may want to open a support ticket. They have pretty good customer service.

I wanted to reach out to the group here.

full.jpg

Like this?

I'm on my third poorerlens

yeah pretty good customer service
When I asked them why they sent me back a crooked camera

full.jpg

"Adrianna Dudek (Paralenz) Sep 13, 14:20 EEST Hello Happy, Our technician replaced the cap for the aluminum one, as the plastic one has a risk of breaking. We're sorry it does not align, however it has no impact on the performance of the camera. Kind regards, Adrianna Dudek"

Yes misaligned cap has no impact on the misaligned lucky to work 50% of the time just real crap camera

told them I would empty out the internals and put some insects in there and take them to visit their relatives

Have you ever had that sinking feeling when you lose all the footage of that very special dive
or you weren't able to take the footage in the first place due to malfunction.

Well these feelings were affecting every dive

These days it lives again in a dark drawer and sometimes I bring it out in hope

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom