Israeli HBOT Study

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Two questions: pressure and O2 Percentage for the treatment protocol.

Depending one the details, some extended "accelerated deco" on shallow reefs may be in order. Worse ways to spend an afternoon, I imagine.

Study shows hyperbaric oxygen can reverse the aging process
High-pressure oxygen treatments are found to reverse two major cellular processes associated with aging and its illnesses.

I guess I need to build a chamber.

Interesting preliminary results, but it's a big leap to go from increasing leukocyte telomere length in the short term to reversing the aging process. They'd have to study these subjects long-term to see if there were any measurable effects. Example: the authors of this paper discuss a correlation between the rate of decrease of leukocyte telomere length and cardiovascular disease mortality.

Also of note: two of the authors of the study have a vested financial interest in a for-profit hyperbaric venture.
"This protocol is available to the public at Sagol and in the United States at Aviv Clinics in The Villages, Florida. Efrati is chairman of the medical advisory board of Aviv Scientific, owner of Aviv Clinics. Hadanny, a neurosurgeon, is the company’s chief researcher and head of international clinical operations."

Best regards,
DDM

upload_2020-11-30_9-44-37.png

Interesting preliminary results, but it's a big leap to go from increasing leukocyte telomere length in the short term to reversing the aging process.

I'm a bit skeptical as well. It's fairly well understood that oxygen metabolism generates reactive oxidative species that have damaging effects on cells. So one potential benefit for a leucocyte DNA may very well be overshadowed by damage to other cells and components.

I'm a bit skeptical as well. It's fairly well understood that oxygen metabolism generates reactive oxidative species that have damaging effects on cells. So one potential benefit for a leucocyte DNA may very well be overshadowed by damage to other cells and components.

In the long term, probably not. The study patients received 60 treatments, which is a pretty common number for difficult-to-treat chronic conditions like radiation necrosis.

Best regards,
DDM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom