Isotta housing for Sony RX100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k4kafka

Contributor
Reaction score
Recently purchased a Sony rx100 Mark IV for underwater video shooting. Now I’m deciding on an appropriate dive housing,and seriously considering the Italian Isotta. In my Google searches,it seems impossible to get any specs on the actual weight of this aluminum case,or info regarding its negative buoyancy. Anyone owning this housing, would appreciate these stats and a brief review. Thanks.

It appears that Backscatter is the importer for Isotta Housings.

Since there have been no responses here on SB, they might be your best contact for current, accurate information. I know that isn't the answer that you are hoping for, but it might be the best one available.

Did you check the manufacturers website?

Sony RX100 Mark V

My regular buddy has an Isotta housing for her Canon G7X and loves it, looks fairly easy to handle UW

I have the Isotta Mk5 purchased in October 2018. 3 trips and about 90 dives (plus about 10 snorkels) to date. All water entries for dives and snorkels were backroll entries with camera in hand. Despite less than gentle handling the housing has remained watertight.

My camera is setup for video so that only power on/off and shutter release buttons need to be operated under water and both have performed flawlessly. I’m quite happy with the housing.

My 3 videos for the 3 trips with the Isotta RX100 housing can be found in the following thread:
Banda Sea - Trip Video

I have the Isotta Mk5 purchased in October 2018. 3 trips and about 90 dives (plus about 10 snorkels) to date. All water entries for dives and snorkels were backroll entries with camera in hand. Despite less than gentle handling the housing has remained watertight.

My camera is setup for video so that only power on/off and shutter release buttons need to be operated under water and both have performed flawlessly. I’m quite happy with the housing.

My 3 videos for the 3 trips with the Isotta RX100 housing can be found in the following thread:
Banda Sea - Trip Video
Thank you for your real-life personal experience. This is the response I am seeking.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom