isotherm / isotherm deluxe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jva

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Could somebody offer a little more information than the Mares website does on the differences between the 'regular' Isotherm and the Isotherm Deluxe?

Lighter in weight, smooth subtle internal feel, and super elastic.

Since the Deluxe costs only €20 more :wink:...

Thanks!

P.S.
FWIW The water here varies between 4℃ (39&#8457:wink: in winter and 19℃ (66&#8457:wink:...

The two versions are fairly similar. The deluxe uses Neospan, a super elastic neoprene for better stretch, has a double sealing system and a slightly different lining.

Phil

Anyone has tested the Deluxe version?

I have always used Cressi Lontra 5mm, and in winter or spring dives I complemented it with a Cressi shorty over the suit, but unelasticity was so annoying... So I have been looking for a good suit (no matter how much it costs) taht could provide me comfort, warmness (in summer or spring, I've already bought a dry suit for winter use) and elasticity... Perhaps Isotherm Deluxe could fit in my needs?

Hi Ulises:

I own the Isotherm Tri-Lastic. I also tried the predecessor model (was blue/white) as well. I gave up trying to put don that suit at the store.

The Tri-Lastic model offers very good stretch and is fairly easy to put on, considering it has an internal vest that is attached. With a long lanyard, I don't even need a budy to zip/unzipp. My chest is always dry after each dive.

My only complaint is that the sleeves are not long enough to properly use the double cuff system. I wish Mares made the neoprene in the chest thicker (but I do get cold rather easily).

CHL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom