Wanted ISO/WTB Xstream first and second

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nealk

Registered
Reaction score
Looking for a cheap Xstream first and second, must be the mk3 model with OPV built into first stage. With recent service preferred, but I can get serviced as well. Let me know what you have.

Cheap and Xstream don't often often appear in the same sentence. :)

But they are darned fine regs. ...good luck

Cheap and Xstream don't often often appear in the same sentence. :)

But they are darned fine regs. ...good luck

I'm well aware, but I saw one go for 225 recently serviced last week, was snapped up right before I could. Saw one similar a few months ago, and I figured I'd feel around for other deals.

I'm well aware, but I saw one go for 225 recently serviced last week, was snapped up right before I could. Saw one similar a few months ago, and I figured I'd feel around for other deals. I need it for a set of doubles I'm putting together.

not the price point that I would call "cheap" for a single first and second, more like "reasonable". I won't be fighting you for that price lol

not the price point that I would call "cheap" for a single first and second, more like "reasonable". I won't be fighting you for that price lol

That's not a bad price to me. New is over 800$, so that's basically 70% off for one that had been freshly serviced.

That's not a bad price to me. New is over 800$, so that's basically 70% off for one that had been freshly serviced.

oh it's a "fair" price and a bit under what they should go for. $250-$300 for a first/second in good shape is a perfectly reasonable price. That said I just bought 3 pairs of MK25/S600's for $50 each, and regularly get Jetstream first/second combo's for $100, so those are what qualify as "cheap" in my book. Granted, I have close to 2 dozen reg sets so I'm not going to buy anything unless it is properly cheap

oh it's a "fair" price and a bit under what they should go for. $250-$300 for a first/second in good shape is a perfectly reasonable price. That said I just bought 3 pairs of MK25/S600's for $50 each, and regularly get Jetstream first/second combo's for $100, so those are what qualify as "cheap" in my book. Granted, I have close to 2 dozen reg sets so I'm not going to buy anything unless it is properly cheap

I get what you mean. 200$ isn't bottom of the barrel pricing, but I'd certainly be willing to pay it for a good set in service.

If I saw a good set for anything south of $250 I would probably grab it. I have passed on a couple recent eBay examples, because I could see signs of abuse and neglect. I've got no time for that, when a reg has salt crystallized so bad it's visible on an eBay pic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom