Islamorada: Key Dives vs Islamorada Dive Center

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Catito

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Islamorada trip. Seeking dive op recommendations. Ever dive with Key Dives or Islamorada Dive Center?

Thanks in advance for suggestions/comments/opinions

I actually dove with both of them last year during a 10 day stay in the Keys. They both were great. Originally I booked with IDC but couldn't get on for a couple of dates during my stay. So I booked dives on those days with Key Dives. Both have the boat right there at the shop. The parking was better at IDC. I got along with the people at IDC a bit better. But would not hesitate to dive with Key Dives again. They ran a great operation. Both dive more or less the same dive sites. Eagle wreck, Morada. Etc. Book with either one that works for you. They both are great operations, IMHO.

You've also got slates and Conch Republic in the same area. All are great dives. Of the four, I think I would go with Conch Republic.

If you're in the Keys for a bit though, make sure you go down to Looe Key for a couple of dives. Also, don't forget our friends at the History of Diving Museum.

You've also got slates and Conch Republic in the same area. All are great dives. Of the four, I think I would go with Conch Republic.

If you're in the Keys for a bit though, make sure you go down to Looe Key for a couple of dives. Also, don't forget our friends at the History of Diving Museum.
I did visit the History of Diving Museum one day we were rained out. It was much more interesting than I imagined by looking from the outside. I could have spent all day there.

My vote is for Islamorada Dive Center.

And yes on the History of Diving Museum!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom