Isla Marisol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gianster

Contributor
Reaction score
Anybody been to Isla Marisol lately? Hows the diving? Just booked for the first time for May's whaleshark season. Hope we get to see them.

We went for the last "whale shark week" in May a year ago. While it seems the majority of visitors have a great time, we were less fortunate:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...Reef_Atoll_Belize_Cayes.html#CHECK_RATES_CONT

If you go I would recommend bringing garbage bags or similar to "waterproof" your luggage for the trip to/from the resort. If you get the smaller boat, you're likely to get wet. So also keep that in mind when you dress for that boat ride.

The actual diving is great. Reef and walls are beautiful, and since you're live boating, current can make for super fun drift diving. Just make sure your DM drops you at the actual dive site and not in the rubble.

Henrik

That's unfortunate that you didn't have a good trip Henrick. I'll let you know how ours turns out. Still have 2 long months of waiting.

That's unfortunate that you didn't have a good trip Henrick. I'll let you know how ours turns out. Still have 2 long months of waiting.

Yeah, please post a trip report. I'd be interested to hear what changes, if any has been made.

Thanks,

Henrik

I was there three weeks ago. We left at about 5 pm and it was pretty choppy. We pulled into the dock after dark but got to see an unreal moonrise on the way out. Yep, we got soaked and I even had a raincoat. But that's what makes Marisol so nice. It's out there. You have to cross open sea to get there. If you don't like getting wet, why would one want to scuba dive anyway?
The water at Glovers is the most clear I have see in Belize. I dive here every weekend. Beautiful walls.

I would call them STUNNING WALLS and very very clear water one of the very best places to Dive in Belize

Hanks a Lucky Guy to be able to dive there every weekend :)

Your gonna have a blast gianster I am sure of that.

Gaz Cooper

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom