Is Uemis SOLD!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Twangthis

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Here is the answer i received the the swiss notary concerning the UEMIS AG assets:

Sehr geehrter Herr Tavish Die Bietrunde für die Verwertung ist abgeschlossen. Wir hoffen, dass wir den Verkauf bis Ende April 2012 abwicklen können. Ich gehe davon aus, dass ein Käufer zur gegebenen Zeit auf der Homepage darüber informieren wird. freund

REALLY BAD TRANSLATION (google):
Dear Mr. Tavish The bidding round for the recovery is complete. We hope that we can close the sale by the end of April 2012. I assume that a buyer is given time to inform you on the homepage. friend

This'll be great news if it leads to Uemis manufacturing computers again - both for existing Uemis owners and future owners. Tis a lovely recreational computer.

I almost got one when they first came out. They were setting up dealers and one happened to be in my area. Was going to get it at cost to try out and demo. But at the time that was more than I wanted or was able to spend. I'd like to see them revived but I would be leery of getting one without doing a full audit on the company. Going thru that process now at work as we are buying a new waterjet with a price tag of just under half a million dollars. We got burned on the last one when shortly after we got it the company went under. It still works but getting parts and support is a pain in the butt.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Had a look at the website looks like a new company that is just setting up, new owners perhaps? or just old website? no info on dealers etc. The computer looks nice though, does anyone know what the asking price was/is?. It's unfortunate that as they went out of business once it might be hard to get a foot back in the door. I for one would be a little cautious about buying one. Were they popular when they were last trading? I was looking at possibly getting a Lynx might wait to see what eventuates here. Anyways good luck to them.

- The website has been as it is since the bankruptcy. It is no longer possible to save any dive using the web interface although personal data and past dive profiles are still available.
- no longer any dealer. The price was around 1500 euros
- The business was made from people who had been key elements in the early development of Uwatec computers. Unfortunately, the business model of UEMIS was not that smart.

I recieved the documents from the advocate last week, since I had a warranty case after the bankruptcy.

What it says: They have found somebody who is willing to lay down sFr 100'000.- for everything that's left in Uemis (material, furniture, patents). Parts of the website are also included, since the hoster wants to get rid of it some day (thanks for keeping it up, after all). 5th of April is the very last date somebody can make a better offer, else it will be sold as it is.

We can probably still hope that the new owner will try to continue support for the SDA and maybe even production. However most debtors wont get much if anything, since the 100'000.- are just about what the suppliers are demanding for already delivered goods and services..

interesting news!

Maybe they will just use the patents in other products and that's it. We will see...

- The website has been as it is since the bankruptcy. It is no longer possible to save any dive using the web interface although personal data and past dive profiles are still available.
- no longer any dealer. The price was around 1500 euros
- The business was made from people who had been key elements in the early development of Uwatec computers. Unfortunately, the business model of UEMIS was not that smart.

I paid just over 1000 euros, so I think 1500 is a bit on the high side here. Rumour has it that one of the reasons they went over was a higher than expected failure rate (that said, my 2nd one is still working fine, 2 years later.

Update: The preferred bidder (offering the 100'000.-) actually doesn't have the cash to buy the remains of Uemis. The 100'000.- were offered by another small start up from Switzerland, Pandora Underwater Equipment. According to their website, they produce a underwater buoyancy assistant which controls your BCD ..?

Now it will be up to the second highest bidder, which offered 65'060.-, unless somebody else offered more until the 10th of April. The identity of the second highest bidder was not (yet) revealed..

To be continued..

I own one. It is an amazing computer. Hope the new owner will continue to give support and produce it. The idea of having spent more than 1000 € for a nice piece of electronics for which I'll never get spare parts or support does not make me feel so good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom