Is this where I find the Utah divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dive_turkey

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey everyone,

I'm moving to Salt Lake City soon and I'm wondering about the dive scene there. I've found a few shops and clubs online, but I'm curious what the community has to say. If anyone has any thoughts or recommendations, I always appreciate it.

The local shops and dive clubs are far more active on Facebook. Join Dive Addicts Anonymous, Rocky Mountain Dive club and Utah Scuba Divers. Each do a local monthly dive (or two) or will run trips to California.

A lot of cold mountain lake diving here, but luckily a pretty active and passionate following. Good shops for beginners all the way up through CCR as well.

Welcome to Utah.

To Facebook it is! Thanks for the tip. Cold mountain lake diving has sort of been the thing here. My avatar photo was taken in Austria last year.

I'm already signed up and receiving the fb notifications. My equipment probably won't get to SLC until September at best. I also need to get all of stuff serviced and conduct a few pool dives to get back into the swing of things. It's been about 18 months since my last dive.

I hold an PADI Advanced and am considering taking that further. My wife is somewhat interested in taking a basic course after I took her to a Discover Scuba here in Germany. I'll probably hit up the fb page for a good shop recommendation once we get it town.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom