Is this the future of dive planning especially tech diving.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

formernuke

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives

Got mentioned during one of my tech classes. Concept is really cool. Get out measure your bubbles adjust gas and dive plan accordingly for less bubbles.

Not sure I trust the technology yet. But picture a few years when we connect this to our Shearwater while diving and it says ok by your actual bubbles time to ascend to next stop or surface.

Or is it just a bunch of hocus-pocus.

Concept is really cool, but if believing everything advertised as true it's difficult to get too excited about it until the measurements don't need to be "combined with a server that analyses your personal measurements and your diving data..."
Given constant technology improvements hopefully the concept can be implemented real time and end user interests are taken into account (similar to the divergence of software which lets boaters make their own custom charts on their own as opposed to collecting data to a private company's server for free in order to have useful information while the information remains proprietary instead of open source..).

Last I read there was not a direct relationship between bubbles detected by ultrasound and actual symptoms. So not sure if you can get there from here given the current state of our understanding of deco and DCS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom