Is this sufficient

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wagonburner

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Have a question I'm wanting to get into photography macro
I'm looking at a tg5 with housing and a ys- 03 strobe. Is this sufficient for a newcomer and doing what I want to do? My budget surround $1,000 or less. I've been using GoPro and want to add to my arsenal thank you

Have a question I'm wanting to get into photography macro
I'm looking at a tg5 with housing and a ys- 03 strobe. Is this sufficient for a newcomer and doing what I want to do? My budget surround $1,000 or less. I've been using GoPro and want to add to my arsenal thank you
That's a pretty good combo for macro, at which the TG-4/5/6 excels. You probably want a focus light as well, which is more $$. However, the TG-6 has been announced so you can probably find the TG-5 at a good price various places.

I have the TG-4 with the PT-056 and the YS-03 kit. I've been pretty happy with it overall, especially from a travel/ pack small perspective, as well as its ability and ease of use.

The biggest issue with the ys03 strobe is that it's ttl only. You lose the ability to do any manual settings, which can really paint you into a corner as you learn to use the camera. It's worth exploring something like the ys01 or the inon s2000 to get you a lot more capability for very little difference in price.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom