Is This Normal??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CChamp

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, I hope this is the right forum to put this in. I just bought a DC1400 and have a question. Could you please tell me if this is normal operation.

On Land, when I turn the flash to OFF and take a couple pictures everything works ok. If I then click the arrow button to VIEW the pictures I just took, that works ok also. But when I click the arrow again to be able to take some more pictures the flash has turned its self back on again. I would think that once I turn it OFF that it would stay that way until I turn it back ON again.

I tried some troubleshooting and the same thing happens when I turn the STABILAZION OFF. If I go out of the picture taking mode then go back in the STABILIZATION has turned its self back on again.

Is this normal operation or is there something wrong with my new camera? It has been upgraded with the latest firmware.

Thanks in advance, CC

CChamp,
“Auto” mode is the default mode when you select “LAND”. Auto does not keep certain settings when powering off the camera or switching to Playback or video modes. “Program” is another land mode which will keep all of the setting, just like the underwater modes which will keep all the settings.

Back
Top Bottom