Is this good to start with?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nitrox32

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I own a Canon EOS Rebel 2000. Do they have a housing for it? Would this be a good oneto start with? (it is not a digital) Thanks.

Ikelite no longer makes their housing for your model, but I think you can still get the Sea & Sea housing.(CX603) I saw it listed for about $1700. Then, you'll need a couple of strobes, arms and a double sync cord for about another $2000. Then you'll need some different lenses and ports for underwater use for another thousand or two. If you love the camera and you're really good with it on land, you'll probably take some nice UW pics, but for the expense of housing an SLR, you could get the newer digital model for several hundred more (now that you're already in good used car range) and have instant feedback. Or you could get a point and shoot that will be smaller, lighter, easier to use, but won't give you the quick response or beautiful image clarity of the SLR and have the whole set-up, camera, housing, strobe and all for about $1500. If you check out the pink links on Alcina's stickie, you'll get a lot more detail.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom