Is this a good price?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jrv331

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Im looking at entry level equipment for now and want to know if this is a good price:
SCUBA OCTOPUS

I talked to the seller, he is not sure on the first stage other than it says 4000 psi on it. The second stage is a Oceanic Delta(not sure what version), the alt regulator is a Oceanic Streamline. The computer is a Oceanic Prodigy. He had it serviced in 2010 and has the paperwork to prove it.

I know the stuff is older but I at this point I leaning towards used eqp. I plan on diving in warm and cold water.
Thanks for all the help

I think the price is fine but I would still talk him down a bit. The reg will still need to be serviced as the last service was over a year ago.

Im looking at entry level equipment for now and want to know if this is a good price: SCUBA OCTOPUS . . .I talked to the seller, he is not sure on the first stage other than it says 4000 psi on it. The second stage is a Oceanic Delta(not sure what version), the alt regulator is a Oceanic Streamline. The computer is a Oceanic Prodigy. . . I know the stuff is older but I at this point I leaning towards used eqp. I plan on diving in warm and cold water.
The definition of a 'good price' is very personal. And, it has a lot to do with the 'value' associated with the price. Yes, the $150 price is quite low for a regulator and a computer. But, MY assessment is that I would pass, for several reasons. I would not buy a regulator where the owner couldn't tell me what brand / model of the first stage. The computer has very limited functionality. If it was $25 I might buy it just for fun. But, I wouldn't pay $150, or $100, or even $75.

Nothing wrong with buying used gear at all. I buy quite a few used regulators on eBay. But, I stick to brands and models I know (and can service). Keep looking, you will ultimately find something with a little more value.

Thanks for the advice. I was talking with the tech for my LDS and one of the things he mentioned about buying used was prices when you have the stuff serviced. He said that when they service used eqp they charge for parts but when they service items they sell, the parts are included. He said that can add and sometimes make new the better option. Is this true?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom