Is this a good price for used Steel HP120's??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Donaldo

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm looking at buying sherwood HP steel 120's complete with bands - DIN manifold - boots for $450. They'll need to be dis-assembled and get new o rings and the seller is getting them hydro'd and will let me know if they're in good shape.

Just curious if this is a good deal since it includes the bands, manifolds, etc.

I've been searching through the board to find an answer to this question with no success.

I also posted this in general discussion this morning and had no replys - my question probably looked like an ad so sorry if this is kindof a duplicate.

I'm trying to move from the occasional warm water dive in the Caribbean to more frequent dives in North Carolina and New Jersey so going through a huge transition. Getting rid of the vest BCD, console computer, etc and going with BP/W with two sizes of wings, as well as investing in a drysuit.

Brushing up my skill level with more courses & I really need to make more frequent dives!!!!!

Any comments or suggestions would really be appreciated.

Donaldo

a new 120 single is 375 to 400 dollars times two ,bands 100 plus,manifold about 150,so sounds like a great deal to me.

Seems like a decent price with the new hydros. If they're getting hydros shouldn't need to dis-assemble them for new O-rings. He "should" use new O-rings when he re-assembles them. You will be limited in the future with these tanks should you need a new manifold. With the smaller neck size, the choices are very limited if you can even find anything still being made.

This deal is a sham, I would have to require you to pass me the personal info ( contact # and name ) of the devious individual who is about to take your hard earned money. Just so you know I am member of the VASPTF (Virginia Scuba Police Task Force) and am tracking down these scuba gear crime rings. With your help we will put a stop to these unspeakable crimes. Thank you for your support. :D

Thanks for the input - I'm still waiting for the Hydro report & really appreciate the info. JSM - I'll keep my back to the wall just in case I need to call in reinforcements from the VASPTF!!!

These may be the Old PST tanks. Sherwood distributed them for a while and I've got one of the HP 100's. The DOT exemption for these tanks expires in August. Unless it gets renewed you won't be able to have them re-hydroed after August. Sherwood also distributed Asahi tanks. So I would check to see who the tank manufacturer is.

AL

Back
Top Bottom