Is this a good deal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Ridata 1GB 80X Pro II Compact Flash Card

Price: $67.99

I have a ridata and am happy with it...but can't imagine a 1 gig card being so cheap...

justleesa:
Ridata 1GB 80X Pro II Compact Flash Card

Price: $67.99

I have a ridata and am happy with it...but can't imagine a 1 gig card being so cheap...

CF cards are becoming VERY inexpensive. When I purchased my D1x (now worth beans) memory was about $1 per mb, so that 512MB card cost over $500!! And they were SLOW!!

To give you an idea, I paid about $60 for my last 1 gig card which was a SanDisk Ultra II, so $67 is not a bad deal for the RI DATA. I have an older RI Data 512mb card, and have been happy with it.

I agree with Dee however, 2 gig maybe more appropriate with a camera that stores RAW images at (I'm guessing here) 12~13mb per shot?

However there is something to be said for having 2 one gig cards vs. one 2 gig... however then again, CF cards are very reliable, however then again.. well you get the point...

RonFrank:
However there is something to be said for having 2 one gig cards vs. one 2 gig... however then again, CF cards are very reliable, however then again.. well you get the point...
Yup..the old story :wink:

I am still playing around - trying to figure out how all the bells and whistles work and every thing is filling up - FAST. The 2 gig card costs $139 and the 4 gig costs $239....it is lots cheaper than the rest and I was wondering why it was so much cheaper than the others...

I'm not Dee :wink:

I gotta think 2GB at least are more feasible than 1GB if you've got the cash...I hate changing cards right in the middle of something or if I find something spectacular that takes way more shots than I intended. And I don't think fear of loss on a bigger card is really a thing...YMMV I'd want the extra working space...

But if the deal is awesome, you can never have too much stuff :wink:

alcina:
I'm not Dee :wink:

I was just gonna mention that! :D

For those with Oly C-5050 camera....they will take the 1g cards but nothing bigger. :11: Wish I COULD use the 2+g cards.

Leesa...don't know if it makes a difference but I've got a Kingston 1g and a Viking 1g and the Kingston is faster.

Hey guys,

I was doing some research on memory cards online earlier.
All memory cards aren't created equal...
This might explain the ridiculous lag between shots with my current camera.

Check this out
http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6451_7-6296352.html

Thanks Jamdiver...That is the info I was looking for :D

I bought Two Kingston 1GB cards for $40.00 US ea. off ebay
Its better to spread your photos out over a couple a cards just in case of failure you wont lose it all 1gb gives me 297 large jpg photos on my Nikon D70s
just my 2cents

Back
Top Bottom