Is this a decent entry-level camera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

acrum555

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello there, I'm quite new to diving, I've been on three outside of the training dives. However, during my spring break this year(I'm a Senior in highschool) I and several friends will be doing a week long 'liveaboard' program where were are planning on getting 15 dives in down around the Keys. I'm planning on getting an entry level camera to take photographs, as underwater photography has always interested me.

I was just wondering, is the "Intova IC-12" camera a half decent underwater camera for a complete beginner? Being 17, my funding is severally limited, so I can't afford much better than something like this. It costs about $210, its 12mp, and the casing is good down to 180'.

Thank's for the help!

Hi acrum555 I use the model before the one you are considering and for a beginner it's great simple to use and can take resonable shots as well you can have a look at my photos to see what quality you can get, there's even a couple there from the Keys.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom