Is there such thing as a simple point and click?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KristenK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone! I love looking at all of your beautiful photos, thank you for sharing!

At this point I don't want to invest in a bunch of equipment. Its less about the money and more about all the gear needed. I love the unencumbered experience of being in the water.

And I'd like to take a few photos every now and then.

Is there such a thing as a simple point and click that doesn't need a big case or strobe,and that can go to 80' or so?

Thanks!

Hi everyone! I love looking at all of your beautiful photos, thank you for sharing!

At this point I don't want to invest in a bunch of equipment. Its less about the money and more about all the gear needed. I love the unencumbered experience of being in the water.

And I'd like to take a few photos every now and then.

Is there such a thing as a simple point and click that doesn't need a big case or strobe,and that can go to 80' or so?

Thanks!
Sea life camera

Kodak_8004707_Water_Sport_One_Time_Use_1535563396_288498.jpg
In Stock
Print
$11.99

Attachments

• Kodak_8004707_Water_Sport_One_Time_Use_1535563396_288498.jpg
    Kodak_8004707_Water_Sport_One_Time_Use_1535563396_288498.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 46

I have used SeaLife cameras from the beginning, but know other brands take good pics also and are easy to operate. The easiest was one that had no housing to mess with (my first camera) and my next two do have housings. SeaLife currently has a camera that is sealed in the housing - it is their more expensive model. Their cheaper priced camera comes with a housing - I've had great luck with both of my housed cameras. With the DC2000, which I use now but has been discontinued, I use the inner camera without the housing in my swimming pool as it is waterproof. They also have an iPhone housing. I agree with @Marie13 about using an older phone, especially if your phone is your go to device for everything else, but I have seen some pretty great pictures taken with this setup on the SeaLife FaceBook page - it's possible I would take a risk if someone gave me a free housing!! Below is a link to the 3 offerings SeaLife has right now.

SeaLife Model Comparison - SeaLife Cameras

I like the sealife micro series. no housing, no fuss. Great for taking shots of fish butts and annoyed turtles. Easily clips off to my harness and doesn't make me look like i should be a better photographer.

It's going to be hard to take decent pix at 80' without a light. Even if the water is crystal-clear and there's lots of sunlight, it's all gonna be blue down there.

I felt the same way as you. I started with a used GoPro and housing I bought cheap as a set through the classifieds here. It was, and still is, a mediocre to adequate setup. Then I thought I'd try the Sealife Micro, maybe with the attached video light, as I'd read a lot of good reviews, but the folks at my local dive shop talked me out of it as they'd had a lot of reliability issues. Instead, I ended up with an Olympus TG-5 with Kraken housing and a Big Blue video light. It's a little bulkier than what I was hoping to get away with, but it's easy to use, gets good pix, and has lots of room to grow. I recently added a wide angle lens and strobe, and I assume it's all downhill from here.

Good luck in your search.

Back
Top Bottom