Is there really much difference in Manufacturers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lsorenson

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey guys...

I am gearing up for doubles and find it somewhat difficult to believe there could be a whole lot of differences when it comes to bands or manifolds between the Manufactures... I have several Halcyon items as well as Highland; even some Dive Rite but differences between the bands??? Really?

8" Highland Tank Bands - 2.5" Wide Version 160.00
8” Dive Rite 8-Inch Bands 111.00
8” [FONT=&amp]Halcyon tank bands[/FONT] 135.00

Sea Elite Manifold 300 Bar 3/4 145.00
HALCYON 300 bar isolator manifold, 3/4" thread 279.00
300 Bar Dive Rite Manifold 168.00

Thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated…!

lee

most brands are just disturbers sherwood and thermo make most of them thats sherwood in Rochester ny.

---------- Post added February 22nd, 2013 at 10:46 AM ----------

talking valves

Some bands are 2.0", 2.5" or 3" so check that and what hardware is included. As for manifolds, Sea-Elite and Dive Rite are the same mfg. The same with older H manifold. Sometimes one pays a lot for a name but gets the same product.

Thanks guys for the input...

a name on your things can raise your own worth as to how feel about yourself. not a bad thing if you could use it

What size tanks are you going to use ? I use twin 50's valves down with a Selpak manifold. I changed back from a DiveRite because I liked the longer valve handles. 63's are probably the longest that I would be comfortable with valves down. Have you looked at sidemount vs. backmount ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom