Is there anywhere worth diving in Portugal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tanyadeweymarn

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
have week in portugal. would like to dive but have loads of other things that i want to do..... is there any diving i shouldn't miss. mainly up north or in lisbon but would travel if it was worth it!
thanks.
x

U-1277 at Capo de Mundo near Oporto.

Not a dive i have done personally, but one i would still like to do.

Plenty of good spots around the Algarve, Sagres area, caves and canyons.

Berlenga Island, roughly 1hr north of Lisbon.

Have fun!

Where exactly will you be?

As said, there's the U1277 near Porto (30 m) and a couple other more wrecks.
Then Berlengas are, in my opinion, one of the best places.
South of Lisbon, Sesimbra, is another option.
And then the Algarve, specially Sagres, but also Faro.

I don't know where you usually dive in the UK but be advised, in Portugal it will almost for sure be a RIB.

I can get you contacts of diving centres for all these places if you need.

thank you - to be honest I am a fair weather diver - i do it in hot places when others want to spend time on a beach which I find boring and burning!!! I have never dived in th uk - that's terrible of me! and even worse...........what's RIB?
HELP.
thanks

RIB - Rigid Inflatable Boat

picture_eco-village-wadi-lahami_01_rib_width-536x290.jpg

Sunny enough yesterday at Swanage. And the water was at 19ºC so no more excuses for not diving in the UK!

But going back to Portugal, where will you be and how much time will you have to spend with diving?

Then really close to Porto you have MergulhoMania and further north in Póvoa there is Laminária | Centro de Mergulho | Póvoa de Varzim | 927 891 851

Both sites are in Portuguese only, but in the first one the contacts are at the bottom of the page and if you click on "Contactos" you'll get more info on contacts and localisation. The second website takes you straight to their contacts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom