Is there anyone going diving this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deepdiverbc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
If there is a group or someone I can buddy up with I would be interested in doing a dive Sunday or Monday. Night, day, deep, shallow I don't care. Just want to get wet.

I was thinking about going out for a tune up dive on Monday. haven't been in the water for almost a month. Was thinking Porteau but really have no specific plans. Was going solo, but you are welcome.

Sounds good.

Porteau is fine. Pick a time and I'll meet you there.

I have one tank full right now and it's air. If you are diving nitrox or want to do a second dive let me know.

Thanks for the reply.

How about 11:30 - tide will be high and not moving much for the next hour. I have air in my tanks and was just planning a single dive. I will be bringing a camera and was hoping to do some mid water shots of the moon jellys if they are out and the vis is OK - otherwise just poke around and get wet. I will be the one with dive gear crammed into a 2 seater convertable.

The tides look very mild so a great day for a dive. I will be bringing a camera along too so no problems if you want to take some time for a few photos. Personally though I have never had much luck focusing on jellies.

I will be driving an older model burgundy eagle talon.

See you there.

Great - see you there

It was a great dive today at Porteau and thanks to Darnold9999 for the invite.

Depending on where we were the vis ranged from around 20-40 foot at depth but there was a fair amount of particulate in the water that is great for making snow out of a good photo. We did the full circuit visiting all but the Nakaya and got lucky finding an octopus tucked under the bow of the sail boat. We also saw a good sized Ling Cod. The thing I like about the big Lings is that they aren't scared of you and don't mind posing for a few photos.

I am attaching a few photos but none of my macro turned out. I hope Darnold9999 had better luck with the macro than I did.

Thanks again for the dive and anytime you want to go again let me know.

Porteau%20Flounder.jpg

Porteau%20Ling01.jpg

Porteau%20Ling02.jpg

Porteau%20Ling03.jpg

Porteau%20Sailboat.jpg

Porteau%20Octo.jpg

Nice shots Deepdiver. What kind of camera setup are you useing?

I use an Oly5050 in an Ike housing but am still saving up for a strobe. I use the internal flash for everything except macro which gets light by my light canon.

The flounder was shot using my light canon and to avoid backscatter most of the other photos were done without a flash in RAW and then white balance corrected using photoshop.

Glad you both enjoyed the shots.

Back
Top Bottom