Is there an affordable "Tiger Beach" or equivalent?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lroymtl

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Would like to take 1 day trip in a very clear water like "Tiger Beach". I have done Cairns, Oahu, Caribbean and some other places... but I have never seen a clarity comparable to Tiger Beach wich mostly offer a liveaboard experience. Is there other options?

How about a day trip to tiger beach? Stuart Cove offers one. Or they used to.

If you specifically want to dive at Tiger Beach, I believe Epic Diving does it from Grand Bahama as a day trip. Tiger Shark Diving: Tiger Beach Grand Bahama Island - Epic Diving

So does Reef Oasis at the Wyndham Viva Fortuna resort.
Diving with Tiger Sharks & Caribbean Reef Sharks | Grand Bahama

If you just want stunningly clear water, Grand Caymans North Wall is so clear they warn you to watch your depth as there's nothing in the water to judge by. Cayman Brac or Little Cayman are said to be better. Turks & Caicos is another place where we routinely saw large pelagics 2-300' below us clearly.

Bonaire is also exceptionally good since there's no riviers so no run-off and they protect the marine reserve since it's their livelihood. All small stuff there - no large pelagics to speak of.

Cove's pulled out of Old Bahama Bay resort a few years ago so I don't believe they offer it any longer. It's no longer on their website..

I am also confused by the OP’s request.

I’ve done Tiger Beach with Reef Oasis at the Viva Wyndham Bahamas.

In my experience, the best diving I have had has not been in crystal clear water. Nutrient rich water, often times sacrificing some visibility, especially with a little current, usually brings about the best dazzling array of life.

If you specifically want to dive at Tiger Beach, I believe Epic Diving does it from Grand Bahama as a day trip. Tiger Shark Diving: Tiger Beach Grand Bahama Island - Epic Diving

So does Reef Oasis at the Wyndham Viva Fortuna resort.
Diving with Tiger Sharks & Caribbean Reef Sharks | Grand Bahama

If you just want stunningly clear water, Grand Caymans North Wall is so clear they warn you to watch your depth as there's nothing in the water to judge by. Cayman Brac or Little Cayman are said to be better. Turks & Caicos is another place where we routinely saw large pelagics 2-300' below us clearly.

Bonaire is also exceptionally good since there's no riviers so no run-off and they protect the marine reserve since it's their livelihood. All small stuff there - no large pelagics to speak of.
Mona, if you're lucky enough to get there, happens to have stunning visibility.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom