Is there a way...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Altamira

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is there a way to make a reasonable prediction on how a conservation setting on my DSAT computer compare to a PZ+ algorithm? I have two Aeris Atmos AI computers which run DSAT. The nitrogen bar has eight blocks of which five are black, two are yellow and one is red. I can setup the nitrogen bar graph to increase/decrease the conservative factor of the computer's algorithm, but do not know how much of an increase or decrease in conservatism I should expect for each change in the bar graph blocks. Understanding the red zone borders on, or may initiate a requirement for deco, which I do not plan to do, or have ever needed to use, I have been using the first yellow block as a reasonable conservative setting. However, I do not know where that first yellow block might compare to a computer running PZ+ at its most liberal setting. Having some idea of the differences might be helpful if I am diving with a buddy using a PZ+ computer. At my age, I do not want to use the most liberal setting available on my computer, but I also don't want to use a setting that is overly conservative for the type of rec diving I do, usually above 100', warm water, single tank AL80, and a max of 3-4 dives a day for no more than 5 consecutive days.

I’m hoping this will help, but no guarantees. If you go to the Oceanic website you can download the manual for their computers using both DSAT and PZ+ (I have the Geo 2 manual). There is a chart for both algorithms towards the back of the manual so you can compare them. Also, under “Plan Mode” in the manual it says;
“When the Conservative Factor is set On, Dive times are reduced to the values of the next higher 3000 foot (915 meter) Altitude. Refer to tables in back.”

The manual may be able to give you some insight on were to set your nitrogen bar graph, as well.

Hope this help.

Erik

Forgot to add, I used the Geo 2 and an AL i300 backup, both set for PZ+, for 6 days of diving in Bonaire, 2-5 dives daily, with no problem.

Hey, @Altamira, I was going through my watched threads and noticed this one. I was curious if the charts were of any help?

Happy diving,
Erik

Back
Top Bottom