Is there a way to turn off Uwatec Smartcom audible alarm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ssra30

Reaction score
A few of my dive buddies complained about my Smartcom chiming regularly underwater. I wear a hood (yes, in tropical water) so I never really relied on any audible alarm anyway since I don't always here them. I tried to disable most alarms under computer setting in the Smart Trak program, turned down the air consumption/work sensitivity way down but I guess the alarm for rapid ascending, low air etc are still not disabled. I am not a careless diver and check my divecom regularly but those noises started to become rather annoying.
Is there away to turn off all the audible alarm completely?

Yes, I did hook up the computer via infrared port to the software Smart Trak. Under computer setting, I already turned off the attention beeps, turned the work sensitivity down to 0 but the computer still beeps a lot when I appeared to ascend too quickly or if I am down to tank warning level and it would not stop beeping until I get to 5m or shallower when I reach tank reserve level. I don't think I need the computer to keep chiming away as I do a slow ascend or a quick deep stop when the air is low. Kind of annoying really.

the chiming does get annoying but it can't be stopped. it's one of those over protective safety mesures. like that little light that flashes in your car when you don't put your seatbelt on.

Hmmm, that's too bad. I really like the SmartCom but lately the noise is becoming a really annoying factor. Especially when it scares the fish away as I try to take a picture. Might be time to look for a more silent type computer :)

ssra30:
Hmmm, that's too bad. I really like the SmartCom but lately the noise is becoming a really annoying factor. Especially when it scares the fish away as I try to take a picture. Might be time to look for a more silent type computer :)

The low pressure alarm can be adjusted down to 350 psi. If you spend alot of time with less than 350 psi in your tank you may indeed be better off with another computer.

Back
Top Bottom