Is there a rep here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scotttyd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Pm's the mares rep here and no response and that was a couple of weeks ago- is this typical of Mares customer service?

Hi Scotty,
has taken a lower priority. It does not reflect our CS, as we are focusing on the more mainstream channels of CS, as well as our dealers, emails, and phone calls. We take customer service very seriously within our organization. Please feel free to send me a Private Message if you have something that I may be able to help you with.

Best regards,

Zak

I did send you a private message - I will resend

---------- Post added April 1st, 2014 at 10:12 AM ----------

So - I sent a second private message less than 30 minutes after this message and not a response - ugh - dismayed at Mares response

Scott,

I am sorry you are dismayed. I was going to respond when I have all the information. You have an older computer, which required some investigation to get the correct information. I have unfortunate news. We do not have the part you are looking for, as the computer and straps have been out of production for about 7 years or so. I thought I may have an older sample in my garage, but I've been so busy with work, I haven't had time to go and look. If I do, have it are you interested?

Scott,

I am sorry you are dismayed. I was going to respond when I have all the information. You have an older computer, which required some investigation to get the correct information. I have unfortunate news. We do not have the part you are looking for, as the computer and straps have been out of production for about 7 years or so. I thought I may have an older sample in my garage, but I've been so busy with work, I haven't had time to go and look. If I do, have it are you interested?
sounds to me like he is trying to help as best as he can ....

If you are able to find an older one that woudl be great - I dropped it off at my LDS - so they might be calling or checking into it as well. If you do have one, I am not sure how you would replace it? do you need special tools, it is kind of an odd connection.

My comment on being dismayed is I sent a private message several weeks ago, no response, it took posting a second time to get a response. So I sent a second PM after beign asked, but did not get a response - so it appeared as if I was being ignored.

Scott,

Scotty, if Zack can't help let me know. Sounds like you need some kind of mount for an old computer. Drop by one day, never know what we can cook up.....

My wife lost the buckle off her Mares mask on her last dive. I'm told you can't buy the parts (buckle and black keeper) in the United States. Any way to get these parts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 42
Scotty, if Zack can't help let me know. Sounds like you need some kind of mount for an old computer. Drop by one day, never know what we can cook up.....

just sent you an email - it is probably something we can red neck engineer and fix - was gonna drop you a line if unable to get it

Scott,

Did you get either of my pm's? any lucky?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom