Is there a limit to the # of "new posts"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

miked

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I usually "visit" SB daily, if not more often. When I return after a 24 hr absence, and click on the "new posts" button, I usually see approx 300 posts.(1 days worth)

However, I was away since Wed. evening-5 days since I had logged on to SB. Today, when I went to "new posts", there were 492 posts-but none was "older" than yesterday. ?????

The question: is there a "time limit" or "number limit" on the number of posts saved(?) under the "new posts" category??

Thanks,
Mike

There is a hard limit on all search results which will affect your search. Unfortunately we can not change the limit for newposts without changing it for all searches and given the amount of processing power involved in many searches, a higher limit is not feasible.

You can always use "active topics" instead. There you have an option of 5 days....
That's what I use when gone from net for a longer time.
Mania

mania:
You can always use "active topics" instead. There you have an option of 5 days....
That's what I use when gone from net for a longer time.
Mania
Doh! I have been looking for something like that. Don't know how I missed it.

You rock.

There is another way of looking at things as well. Since topics tend to get hit repeatedly, its entirely possible that many posts were made to the same thread over the 5 day period. It would only show up as a single thread (not the same thread 5 times) AND the latest posting date would be (probably) today's date.

In effect there were roughly 492 ACTIVE posts during the 4 days period...

That and what Tech Admin said.

Back
Top Bottom