Is there a difference in sizing between the "old" Jets and the "new" Jets?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mwilding

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have a pair of Large Twin Jets with spring fins that fit great on both my booties and my drysuit. I just got a pair of XL Jets off eBay and found them to be too small. It turns out the Jets (while essentially brand new) do not have the lightning bolt on them. Is there a size difference between the Jets with and without the bolt? If not, I guess I am waiting for the XXL's to get to market.

Jets are pretty much bullet proof. The "brand new" Jets you bought without the lightning bolt are over 20 years old. The rubber compostion was changed in the late 70's or early 80's. While still an excellent fin, they aren't as good as Lightning Jets. I don't remember any differences in sizing.

You can't compare the sizes between JetFins and Twin Jets - they are a totally different foot pocket design. XL Twin Jets are a great fit on my drysuit boots, while XL JetFins, I could barely get my toes into the pocket.

Not sure if there's sizing differences between different moldings of JetFins (Walter answered that anyway), but Twin Jets and JetFins are unrelated fins - just happen to share the same manufacturer and similar names. Apples and oranges.

Scubaroo:
You can't compare the sizes between JetFins and Twin Jets - they are a totally different foot pocket design. XL Twin Jets are a great fit on my drysuit boots, while XL JetFins, I could barely get my toes into the pocket.

Not sure if there's sizing differences between different moldings of JetFins (Walter answered that anyway), but Twin Jets and JetFins are unrelated fins - just happen to share the same manufacturer and similar names. Apples and oranges.
I know the Jets and Twin Jets are totally different. I just mentioned the twin jets as a size reference. My question is whether or not the old jets and the new jets have the same footpocket - so that I can get the proper size.

Cheers,

Matt

mwilding:
I have a pair of Large Twin Jets with spring fins that fit great on both my booties and my drysuit. I just got a pair of XL Jets off eBay and found them to be too small. It turns out the Jets (while essentially brand new) do not have the lightning bolt on them. Is there a size difference between the Jets with and without the bolt? If not, I guess I am waiting for the XXL's to get to market.

I just bought a pair of jets and they do have the lightning bolt on them

Back
Top Bottom