Is the weather of Lembeh on the late of November OK?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bearteacher.tw

Contributor
Reaction score
We will go to dive in Lembeh with SDQ on the late of November.

Will the weather be ok at that time?

Thanks.

Please also answer some of my questions:

1. We are also interested in night dives with SDQ. Is the night dive sites near SDQ? What can I expect to? Is it worth?

2. Does SDQ also arrange tours to dive near Bangka Islands? Will we fell bored if we dive there 6 days totaly? I don't know if there are so many small things to see.

Late November -December is the wet season there. Expect viz to be a bit worse (not that it is usually great anyhow). However Lembeh is supposed to be good all year round. Most sites are not all that far from each other so that should not be a problem. I never stayed at SDQ before so I don't know about Banka.

There are several sites that are definitely worth revisiting, Angel's window, Nudi Fall, Nudi Retreat, TK 1-2-3, Pantai Parigi, Police Pier 1-2, Letak Larry, Jahir etc so if you spend all 6 days in Lembeh, it is still well worth it. I just came back from a 2 weeks trip from Lembeh and certainly could use a few more days to dive around there.

Some small corrections. In November the weather has been quite nice the last five years here. Viz often much better than in August. Going to Bangka can be a choppy trip however in that period. The wind is often from the North-Northeast. This can cause a strong swell from the open ocean. Do not know if they make that trip anyway.
November is the perfect time to dive at the oceanside of Lembeh Island. 40 meter viz is no exception. Think they do night dives at any spot you like. Useally very good are Jahir and Police Pier. Enjoy you stay! Rob

Back
Top Bottom