Is the Teric’s temperature supposed to be accurate at the surface?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is my temperature gauge broken? Watch only has three dives on it. The temp is displayed in blue, kinda hard to see but on three dives its only ever displayed 61 or 60 deg F while in the water, in the air it seems to display the correct temp. But i'm diving in the winter in San Diego so I really think that thermocline hitting me is not 60.
No idea without knowing what the actual temp is. Does look a bit funky compared to how my Perdix typically shows, with a higher temp at first, but I guess that would be dependent on air and water actual temps.

What is going on with that profile though? 5 trips to the surface on the one dive?

It’s pathetic that we pay $1600+ for and inaccurate computer that our lives depend on! I think I’m getting rid of mine. Junk!
I'll buy your piece of junk for $200. What is your PayPal address?

No idea without knowing what the actual temp is. Does look a bit funky compared to how my Perdix typically shows, with a higher temp at first, but I guess that would be dependent on air and water actual temps.

What is going on with that profile though? 5 trips to the surface on the one dive?
Temp was changing well more than 5 degrees, according to the cheap gauge on my spg. Dive profile was a little funky, it was a rough day at windnsea, we were exploring the reef, wanted to pop up a couple times for navigation, ascents were slow and did a saftey stop after exceeding 25 feet.

Back
Top Bottom