Is the Gulf safe for diving, swimming, etc?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cleanwaterwoman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I live at Navarre Beach on Santa Rosa Island in the Florida Panhandle where we continue to have oil washing up on the beaches and floating in the water. It is heart-breaking to fear the water, not be able to snorkel in my beloved Gulf and not know when we can get back in safely. My organization that I am director of, The Clean Water Network of Florida, is competing for a $250,000 grant in the Pepsi Refresh the Gulf challenge. With this money we would do water testing and run a campaign for the next year to keep the public informed about the condition of our coastal and inland waters. The contest winners are the top two vote getters. We only have until August 31st to move from #25 to #2. We can so this with your help. Will you please go to our page/link once a day until the end of August and vote for our project? Also if you can help spread the work, we will greatly appreciate here on the coast of Florida. Thank you for your votes and any assistance. Linda Young

Apparently I can't post a url link, so please go to Pepsi Refresh the Gulf website and look for our project on the $250,000 page. It is called "Test the air and water for toxins" and the organization is Clean Water Network of Florida. Be sure to vote after you log in or your votes won't count.

Also you can vote for up to 10 projects per day, so if you have time to look through the other categories, you may find some other projects that you want to support as well. Under the $50,000 category I'm supporting the Apalachicola Riverkeeper project as well as the Gulf Restoration Network. I'm sure they would appreciate your support too. thanks, Linda

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom