Is Simply Scuba still operational in the UK?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Searcaigh

Seahorse Wrangler
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Anyone in the UK know if Simply Scuba is still operational?

A friend of mine is trying to purchase some equipment from them to ship to UAE, and as far as I am aware they don't ship outside of the EU, having bought stuff before and had shipped to my sister's address in Scotland.

Some feedback would be appreciated, thanks.

The website and name were bought from the liquidator by another company. Seems it's up and running again, but not out of Faversham.

The website design's the same but didn't seem to offer any real reason from buying from them compared with the other UK based competition.

Simply Scuba failed as it's a tiny market with many competitors offering largely the same product.

Thanks @Wibble

I've asked my friend to give them a call after 09:00 UK time to check if they deliver to UAE, the price of the item in question is in AED, which surprised me.

Thanks @Wibble

I've asked my friend to give them a call after 09:00 UK time to check if they deliver to UAE, the price of the item in question is in AED, which surprised me.
Don't want to push other companies per se, but DirDirect.com are good and would probably ship worldwide.

I use DirDirect on occasion, never had an issue.

Apparently she's seen a nice Typhoon drysuit (Spectre) at a price she can afford, but having an issue regarding the payment process online.

I use DirDirect on occasion, never had an issue.

Apparently she's seen a nice Typhoon drysuit (Spectre) at a price she can afford, but having an issue regarding the payment process online.
There are a raft of new security measures being introduced for on-line purchases in the UK. Mastercard are more advanced than Visa. Hence why my bank just ditched Visa.

i used mikes out of the UK. freight forwarding makes purchasing easier when sending stuff to the US. if you have questions just DM me

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom