Is Search working

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It also depends on the criteria used.

proplus 2 will get you a lot more results...

Edit: Can I do a search?

it doesn't deal with search terms 3 chars or less and doesn't tell you. So all you're searching on is "plus." Why that doesn't get anything don't know, maybe it's considered too generic a word and is ignored too.

VB allows exclusions if you set it up - example
SMB
FTP
DIR

Not sure why these people that run some of these board/communities set that search limiting factor to 3 when their industry / communtity deals with tons of
TLA's FLA's (that would be 3 letter accronynoms / 4 letter accronynoms).

Pretty much makes the search feature useless when trying to find anything related to those TLA's FLA's..
(would be like me running an Internet Tech disscussion forum and not allow the search on 3 letter words) :) You'd never find FTP, LAN, IEEE, cLan, etc etc

Just my 2 copper :)

// edit

Prime Example
I wanted to check on AOW
or
B2 vs ST1
Vt3
reg
o2
oxy
AOW
==============

Guess what-- Nothing.
So If I wanted to see about AOW -- This board has zero posts on this topic, So I might as well move along
and search another communities forum-- if you get the point-

I thought I saw it mentioned on some old thread that people could suggest TLAs that should be accepted in search, but it's never seemed that anything's been done about adding any.

Selecting and adding a list of exclusions would be much more useful than tuning the list of smilies...

And PS,
I guess my sig pretty much is usless on this board, as it does not apply to TLA's for this industry..

Yea, but let's add smileys :)

As always, we're interested in improvement.

Whether it's smilies or the search functionality, feel free to post suggestions.

It may not get done yesterday but we will consider it.

If we use this thread to come up with a list of 3 letter terms that shouldn't be excluded by search, will you put them in? I can't imagine it would take long.

well, I imagine theres a pretty complete list there already, but it looks like they were all removed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom