Is scubaboard running skimwords?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

Is scubaboard running skimwords now?

I thought I had something spammed into my browser, but when I looked it up it says it's hosted on the website you are visiting.

FWIW... Skimlinks has been enabled for several months now. I believe 8 or 9... But I digress...

If you go to this page: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions

Which is found by navigating to "User CP > General Options"

At the bottom... Users have the option to disable Skimlinks.

Capture.jpg

We don't even require that you're a supporting member for that...

Thank you. Not sure how I missed it till now.

I'm not too observant obviously. :dork2:

Are Skimlink also called Pay-Per-Click advertising?

Just curious as I have been reading about these in a marketing book.

~ME~

~ME~
Pretty much:
With Skimlinks, you can finally tap into the revenue stream you've been missing out on. Your community is posting links to merchants and mentioning products they use - previously you couldn't easily convert these into affiliate links. The Skimlinks technology takes care of this automatically, converting product links and references into affiliate links
SkimLinks - Automated affiliate links - affiliate marketing made easy | Skimlinks

~ME~
Not really. Skimlinks are affiliate sale links. If people click the skimlink and then make a purchase from the site, we get an affiliate commission. It's not just a pay per click.

Pay per click advertising is when a publisher (like SB) sells display advertising (or text based links) and the customer pays based on how many clicks they receive. There is also usually a CPM(or cost per thousand) impressions displaed in cases like this, where the clicks just cost more. Most publishers who offer pay per click advertising have a rate per click, and the advertisers pay in advance. This is how google adwords pretty much works.

If you google the topic, you'll find lots of information on CPC and CPM and even fixed rate advertising.

Not really. Skimlinks are affiliate sale links. If people click the skimlink and then make a purchase from the site, we get an affiliate commission. It's not just a pay per click.

Pay per click advertising is when a publisher (like SB) sells display advertising (or text based links) and the customer pays based on how many clicks they receive. There is also usually a CPM(or cost per thousand) impressions displaed in cases like this, where the clicks just cost more. Most publishers who offer pay per click advertising have a rate per click, and the advertisers pay in advance. This is how google adwords pretty much works.

If you google the topic, you'll find lots of information on CPC and CPM and even fixed rate advertising.

Thanks Howard...I greatly appreciate the insight. I have been interested in this subject since I first read about it in a business paper...about four days ago.

:read:

~ME~

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom