Is rental car needed if staying at Casa Mexicana?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you choose 3P have Jeanie make your reservation at Casa Mexicana. She has a good relationship with the hotel and can get you a better rate

If you choose 3P have Jeanie make your reservation at Casa Mexicana. She has a good relationship with the hotel and can get you a better rate

Thanks, I have been emailing with Jeanie at 3P. Airfare was pretty low at $410pp from Columbus the other day, and I just looked and now it's $800pp. Ouch. I'll keep checking hopefully that $410 wasn't a fluke....

I've been to Coz dozens of times, and usually stay at Casa Mex. On my husband's 1st visit (he's a non-diver) I told him not to rent a car--instead, hire a taxi if he wanted to see the island. When I returned late afternoon (after 3 dives) he was looking a tad "sheepish".....said he had something to tell me. Yes, he had rented a car....yes, he caused a traffic accident......yes, he damaged the other vehicle.......yes, he didn't see the "stop sign", said it was obscured by a palm tree.......yes, he negotiated a settlement with the other driver.
Great story sharing the wisdom of not driving in unknown cultures. Thanks.

I have rented cars a couple of times over a couple of dozen trips, just for the day to drive around the backside. Those went okay, but I have read too many horror stories.

Thanks, I have been emailing with Jeanie at 3P. Airfare was pretty low at $410pp from Columbus the other day, and I just looked and now it's $800pp. Ouch. I'll keep checking hopefully that $410 wasn't a fluke....
Weekends tend to be the worst time to look. Check again early every morning. I don't know when you want to fly but I see several $333 date pairs in April like this one. I always shop on Matrix.

upload_2020-2-15_12-25-59.png

Really, I don't see your problem finding good fares. Exactly when do you want to fly from which airport?

upload_2020-2-15_12-29-20.png

Back
Top Bottom