Is Red Sea Diving Seasonal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fionab:
IMO yes the quality of the diving is better in the south by far, Asser might think otherwise but then again he is based in the north.
I agree that the number of divers is more in the north. However, I don't compare north to south because they're different. For instance, you can't compare Dahab to Elphinstone.

BTW, I'm not based in the north! I'm based in Cairo and I dive everywhere; north and south. The only place that I discard is Hurghada.

Normally I recommend land-based trips to Sinai (Sharm and Dahab) for those who're visiting Egypt for the first time. IMHO, Egypt has more to offer so it's not only about diving.

Red Sea Shadow:
Normally I recommend land-based trips to Sinai (Sharm and Dahab) for those who're visiting Egypt for the first time. IMHO, Egypt has more to offer so it's not only about diving.

Well my trip will be primarily for diving, however, since I'll be travelling halfway across the world it would be a shame if I didn't get a chance to experience the culture. I was thinking about spending a week diving and half a week to a week doing land based activities. I'm certainly no stranger to the fact that there's often more to do in a place than dive. One of my favorite vacation spots is Belize where I spend half my time diving and the other half bussing around the mainland, soaking up the culture, and seeing what else a country has to offer. Cheers!

Fionab:
And you will fry :D I would recommend April or September for a liveaboard and I wouldn't go out of Sharm, although if you have been before then I suppose it's OK.

I would also recommend Tony Backhurst @ www.scuba.co.uk.

Oonas, Regal, Explorers and the the newest boat in the south Royal evolution.

For comfort, yes. But inmo for the best diving, summer is the time in Egypt. And it's dry desert heat, not to compare with humid, sticky tropical heat. Most boats these days have good AC as well, and there's almost always a breeze at sea - so I think it's more than tolerable when on a liveaboard. And I'm from Scandinavia, so it's not that I'm particularly used to heat :)

/christian

I was deployed to the Siani from July 1999-Feb. 2000 when I was in the military as part of the MFO (Multinational Forces and Observers) I was based in Sharm out of Sharm. I did about 20 dives durring that time, with my last dive being in November. The diving was great! If anyone is in Sharm, stop by the Camel Dive Bar! Great guys and great drinking!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom