Is possible to be sponsored by manufacture company?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

feluca83

New
Reaction score
Hi all,

Sorry but i'm not sure if this is the right section for this post.
I also apologize for any errors, but English is not my first language.
I'm a committee member of a club in Australia and i'm also one of the instructors. For the privacy i would prefer to not say the name publicly.
As dive club we cannot sell equipment, But many students asked info where to buy gear and also which gear to buy (mostly Open Water students).
Legally the club cannot sell the equipment, but as instructor i have the right to advice brands or dive shop where to buy gear.
I was thinking is there any way to be sponsored by dive company such as aqualung, mares, apex, cressi, hollis etc?
Does someone received equipment at low cost or no cost (or to test) with the obligation to promote that particular brand?
Or have a shop performing discount for me inorder to sell this gear to my students?
Thanks in advance for your reply.

Cheers

yes and no. Many are psuedo sponsored by different companies, but these are big name technical divers usually, Martin Robson, Paul Heinerth, Jill Heinerth, Jeff Loflin, Edd Sorenson, Harry Averill, etc. Most manufacturers have a pro diver program where you basically get to buy at dealer cost, generally about half of retail if you aren't associated with a shop that is a dealer for whatever company. I'm not sure about those specific brands as I don't work with them, but it is worth calling the regional reps and talking to them.

You may be able to partner with a local dive shop that you guys use for fills and work out a deal where they sponsor you with equipment they sell and you promote it to your students.

thanks for your answer Tbone1004 :wink:
i will try contact a local dive shop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom