Is my dry suit a liability?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Far_X

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a Dacor trilaminate drysuit without pockets. I have been told that I cannot get pockets attached to it by a LDS. Have I been given wrong information? If not, is there any viable alternative other than to purchase a different drysuit?

I have a Cordura Trilam Norther Diver Drysuit, and you can have pockets attached, but it's down to the manufacturer opposed to the lds.

SF

Go to drysuitrepair.com to have pockets professionally sewn on or use the DIY route and buy some fifthD pockets and glue them on. After a while the corners will tend to peel and need to be reglued. Oxycheq.com makes some drop leg style pockets that velcro around your leg.

1) Go to a different LDS
2) buy a tube of aquaseal and a bottle of cotol
3) buy a couple pockets from divextras.com or your local Halcyon dealer
4) mix the cotol and aquaseal on an old butter dish
5) spread aquaseal on back of pocket
6) attach pocket and apply pressure for a few minutes
7) wait 2 hrs
8) done

Thanks for the suggestions (and opinions :wink:). As to the pockets which are attached to the limbs rather than adhered to the suit, couldn't these be regarded as a potential failure point with the flexing and unflexing of muscles?

Far_X:
I have a Dacor trilaminate drysuit without pockets. I have been told that I cannot get pockets attached to it by a LDS. Have I been given wrong information? If not, is there any viable alternative other than to purchase a different drysuit?

Looking for a .pdf of the Dacor drysuit owner's manual, any help appreciated.

scubamate:
I can't remember where I' ve seen them but pockets are availabe that use webbing to attach to you leg or arm.

If I'm correct both Dive Rite and OMS offer thigh pockets for your BC

I don't know anybody who likes the pockets attached to your BC and leg, and they don't really follow a DIR logic of being a simple solution.

If you can't glue some pockets on then pick youself up some snazzy x-shorts. YOu can find them on ebay, but they don't seem to be making them anymore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom