Is late march/ into april a good time?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

domino22

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Have a few ? for your area. #1 Is a March or into April a good time to come? #2 Could I arrive and find a room and diving without a reservation possible? Have a two week period to use. Looking at PG and would like to try a few other locations via ferry from there. Any thoughts? Coming alone and travel that way all the time. Would need awesome diving and some night life at times. Any help would be nice.

#1 Yes

#2 April begins the summer of vacation, so you might have difficulty finding a room. Especially in PG since it is a popular destination.

Other places you can dive in proximity to PG: Anilao, Ligpo, Maricaban, Verde Isla, Apo Reef...and I can't think of anything else.

Hope this helps!

ditto on chip's input

since you prefer a nightlife you're looking at the sabang/small Lalaguna area... what i would suggest is to get in touch with a resort (or dive op) and tell them your needs, budget, requirements, preferences - they would do their best to meet your needs

Jag

I highly recommend making reservations. Had a really bad experience doing just that. went to white beach, PG w/o reservation and every room was booked. had to travel all the way to sabang where fewer tourists were. and that was an april.

you can do sabang or white beach. there are more dive ops in sabang, though.

domino22:
Hi Have a few ? for your area. #1 Is a March or into April a good time to come? #2 Could I arrive and find a room and diving without a reservation possible? Have a two week period to use. Looking at PG and would like to try a few other locations via ferry from there. Any thoughts? Coming alone and travel that way all the time. Would need awesome diving and some night life at times. Any help would be nice.

yeah thats the start of the summer season. its pretty mcuh peak season in terms of occupancy in these resorts so it would be wise to make the necessary bookings and reservations as early as now or as soon as possible. most of the prime resorts get snagged by foreign operators 6 months in advance and sell the bookings to groups for a killing.

mind you that if you dont limit your options to pG, then you potentially open your choices to much better dive sites imho like: apo reef, apo island, coron, malapascua and maybe even tubbattaha. good luck and let us know what you decide

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom