Is Jan a good time to go to Curacao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randy-S

Contributor
Reaction score
Breezes is having a very good deal right now but i was not sure if weather whys that jan would be a good time to go. I would hate to travel there to sit in rain.
Anyone got any feedback?

The "rainy" season is late Nov to Jan in the ABC islands but their rainy season means it may rain today. Rarely does it rain more than a few minutes, mainly in the early morning. Their anual rainfall is around 20 inches. If the price is right, go. We were in Bonaire a few years ago during the rainy season....the rainbows made any rain we had well worth the minor inconvience.

Thats good to hear i did not think there wet season was very wet.
As far as price we can get two people 9 nights at breezes AI for $3k thats with airfare.
Plus they have unlimeted shore dives. The only down fall is the itenary from Portland OR to Cur is brutal.

Check with the dive shop there I'm not sure but I heard you are only allowed 1 free dive a day

Randy-S:
Thats good to hear i did not think there wet season was very wet.
As far as price we can get two people 9 nights at breezes AI for $3k thats with airfare.
Plus they have unlimited shore dives. The only down fall is the itinerary from Portland OR to Cur is brutal.

Randy CheddarChick is correct.

You get one shore dive per day included with your stay at Breezes.

Unless you have some kind special deal that is what you will get.

My wife daughter and I stayed at Breezes for two weeks last summer.
We are spending one week in Bonaire and 1 in Curacao this summer. We will be staying at Breezes for the week in Curacao.

CheddarChick:
Check with the dive shop there I'm not sure but I heard you are only allowed 1 free dive a day
You are correct, and the dive is at the resort. We went to Breezes in January. Extra dives are not expensive. I think it was $8 each, but you do need to rent a vehicle to get to the other sites. Boat dives are available and they pick you up at the the dive shop location at the resort (Ocean Encounters).

Well my wife is not a diver but she loves the sun and beach. So my main worry was the weather during the day. I think i would do something like the dive bus for a couple days worth of diving and the rest i would be happy just hitting the house reef.

Thanks for the feedback i guess you are always taking a risk when you travel somewhere in there rainny season.

Back
Top Bottom