Is it ok to have sewing on Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Benjaminjtc

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Most Wings have separate outer shell from inner bladder. I was wondering is it ok for me to do some sewing on the outer shell for some personalization like sewing some badges or reflective strips for personalization. Is there any potential danger from doing so that would ruin my wing?

Not if you do it correctly (not puncturing inner bladder).
Thank you for your reply. I wonder why there is so few people out there making some personaliztion to their wings. Hope this is not a studpid decision that makes me regret haha.

Halcyon seamstresses embroider on custom wings.
1720943517518.png

You can remove bladder on DGX Gears S1. Perhaps your local tailor, can sew similar?

I'm too cool and unimaginative for badges, or embroidery on my wings, but hey there is nothing stopping you

What terrific idea

Come back on here when you're close and hold a design competition and then sell to other interesting people

I'm too cool and unimaginative for badges, or embroidery on my wings, but hey there is nothing stopping you

What terrific idea

Come back on here when you're close and hold a design competition and then sell to other interesting people
Sure, when I get my bpw and done with the decorations I'll post it here to update.

Back
Top Bottom