Is it divable in January?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikotop

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everyone,

I'm going to Okinawa on 15th of Jan. for 4 days, Id like to know if its divable by that time? I just got an AOW licence and 18 dives. I've never been to Japan before, it would be great if anyone can give me some recommendation like where to go or where to stay etc...thank you in advance.![h=2][/h]

Pretty much dive year around in Okinawa. I'm here now for about two weeks for work and we dove our face off last weekend. Night dive at Sunabe sea wall and three boat dives at some local reefs. One of them was a drift dive, which was pretty cool.

We dive year round in Okinawa. There are both beach and boat dives available on the island and the Keramas and outer islands. That time of year the humpback whales should also be arriving to dive with. I would look for a place in Okinawa city, Chatan area where most of the diving is centered out of. Water temp with be about 23-25C that time of year so a 5mm wetsuit is the norm but it is very nice diving.

Hi,

Thank you for your advices but should i just stay in chatan or go to specific isl? and any cheap accomadation you recommand? cheers!

There are numerous inexpensive hotels and hostels in Chatan close to the diving center on Okinawa. Sunset American Hotel in Chatan is Y3980 a night for a private room, while Hamby Resort or Oyado are both good hostels in the area.

Post up when you get closer to being here Mikotop. I'm down for some dives and can show you a few spots. Love to have you along.

Eric

Back
Top Bottom