Is diving in Cambodia any good?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

willitrain

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello there,
I'm going to be in Cambodia for a couple of weeks or so and wondered whether the diving is any good there. I know you can dive there, but is it worth it? Anyone been who can offer some advice?
Thanks
Will

Not many fish and bad vis. are my memories of working there.......

But there are some islands (or maybe one island) about 5 hrs. off shore where the vis. was great and there were a few more fish, but lots of fishing boats.......

Thanks for the note. It's what I thought too. Anyway it's got pretty stormy in Cambodia so we've decided to skip it for Thailand instead.

I dived in Kampong Som (Sihanoukville) in January of this year and it was so-so. Great viz will be rare here because of constant dredging.

The diving in Cambodia has changed alot over the past few years when I first started diving here there were very few sites and, all reports I read where not good.
Things are now very different with new sites being discovered every week.
Visit The Dive Shop Cambodia, Offering The Best Scuba Diving In Cambodia All Year Round and download the pdf on the front page its the latest article on Cambodian Diving in the July Issue of Asian Diver Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom