Is BVI back?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NYSP230

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello all,
Just a quick check for some intel about the BVI, and the status of their SCUBA infrastructure since Hurricane Irma. Our fourth trip is coming up in November - but our first since the storm. We rent a bare boat '51 from The Moorings, and bounce around hitting various dive sites. In particular, we are interested in the status of overnight mooring fields, and dive site moorings. Of special interest is the mooring located at the Chicuzen - a must see during these trips.

Any info you can provide would be appreciated.

Stay safe.

I would call Casey(f) or someone at DiveBVI.
I think they do Rendezvous diving also. Nice people and you'll get the straight story.

Is there still a dive shop at Peter Island Yacht Club that fills tanks and or does tank rentals? Back in the 80's I did several dives on the Rhone from my 40' Endeavor. We used Deadman's Bay at Peter Island as our anchorage. Some great trips!

Thanks. I am so sad to see the massive destruction by the hurricane. The BVI is so beautiful.

I was diving in St John last October and hit up the BVIs for a few dives including the Rhone (shoutout to Busy Bee charters in St John for a great experience.)

The Rhone's bow section has collapsed in a bit so it's not quite as nice of a dive as the first time I did it but it's still fantastic all around. I think it would be worth the visit down there and lord knows they could use the business down that way.

The BVI is trying to recover, though it will never go as fast as we want it too! Dive BVI had to close our Leverick Bay location as the whole building got blown away, compressor/tanks and all. Air fills can be done by Sunchaser Scuba over near Bitter End Yacht Club (call ahead). We are filling tanks at VG Yacht Harbour and at Scrub Island Resort & Marina. Peter Island is closed indefinitely. The fish are all still there, and so are the turtles and sharks!

Back
Top Bottom