IS anyone heading to Cozumel from Denver area, could you take Margo Moo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cougar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My brother and a friend are currently in Cozumel. They were supposed to carry a few items down to Cozumel for a friend at a dive shop there. Most importantly a nebulizer for a sick child. Also a few small items, cell phone, couple of dive computers...I PROMISE nothing illegal. But we are probably talking 5 pounds total weight I'd think. (The nebulizer is Margo Moo and can be seen on Amazon) The child REALLY needs the nebulizer and my brother and his friend left Colorado for Cozumel and managed to forget the items they were supposed to take down. I will be going in June but a sick child can't wait that long. Is anyone going soon who would be willing and is honest and trustworthy? You are more than welcome to look at the items to satisfy yourself they are what I say they are. Please contact me privately.:bash: (me and my brother)

In the meantime, the Cruz Roja has compressor-style nebulizers available to rent. The rental is not expensive. A refundable deposit is required and the family will have to buy the pediatric neb mask, which the CR should have to sell.

Contact Rosy 872-1058, or the director Dr. Dagoberto Rodriguez at 869-0698, for more info. They both speak English -- and let them know that Debby Bollag told you to call.

And, if they are out of neb masks, please let me know so that I can re-supply.

I believe that's what they have done meanwhile...but it would be much less expensive to have her own and they have been waiting since I promised in January to send this down with my brother this week. Then he forgets!

Are you getting any offers? I may be able to help with the neb if March 12 is a good arrival date & you can ship it to IL. Please let me know & I'll see if my mule can handle it.

I don't leave until the 19th of March. If you still need help, let me know.

Now this is the reason divers are such a good group! Nice to see aiding a fellow diver when the call goes out! Oh, by the way - we are headed down in April....just in case :D

Bless you all!!! I've gotten several offers. Now I have to wait until I get Margo into my hot little hands to pass her on. She had been shipped to my brother's friend's place in Berthoud, Co where she sits forlornly wishing she were in Cozumel with my brother and his friend and not left behind in chilly Colorado. Unfortunately, Berthoud is about 8 hours away from me. I have asked my brother's buddy's wife (good grief this is complicated) to send it to me so I can pass Margo Moo on to whoever ends up carting her to Cozumel. She needs to get there ASAP but I can't commit to getting her to anyone out of the immediate area where she is until I have her in my hands or at least a tracking number and I know she's been shipped. My bbw said she would send Margo to me the first of the week. I'm hoping for something faster than the speed of our usual postal service that treats New Mexico like just another third world country. As soon as I know when I'll have her...I can tell which of you kind people is the most logical courier.

Divers are some of the nicest people on the planet! Thank you!

Margo is on her way. Thank you all so much. BTW if anyone ever runs across an an opportunity for a diver with medic skills (licensed EMT-I) and good at VERY rural guerilla medicine but no $$$ to offer those skills. I'm happy to give them. Just can't afford to pay to do it. I love to help out. My Spanish is passable and I am always willing to pitch in. I volunteer in my state and for the feds when the call comes. Also mucho años as a writer and legal investigator makes me a multi-faceted medic. Going to Cozumel in early June, can haul limited amounts of legal medical supplies then myself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom