Is anyone a Dive Club Member in Vancouver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jimisurf

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

I am interested in learning more about dive clubs in Vancouver. Is anyone here on the board a member of a dive club here in Vancouver and willing to post some info on what the club is like and what it offers?

I look forward to reading the responses.

Jimi

jimisurf:
Hello,

I am interested in learning more about dive clubs in Vancouver. Is anyone here on the board a member of a dive club here in Vancouver and willing to post some info on what the club is like and what it offers?
I know a lot of the local dive shops have informal 'clubs' or scheduled dives -- just do a search on this forum to find a few. Are you diving with any particular shop so far?

I know the the UBC Aqua Society also meets regularily - they're open to non-UBC people. You can find them over here: http://www.ams.ubc.ca/clubs/aqua/

-- Greg

gchapman:
I know a lot of the local dive shops have informal 'clubs' or scheduled dives -- just do a search on this forum to find a few. Are you diving with any particular shop so far?

I know the the UBC Aqua Society also meets regularily - they're open to non-UBC people. You can find them over here: http://www.ams.ubc.ca/clubs/aqua/

-- Greg

Hi Greg,

I dive now and then with IDC, Dive Locker and Pacific Pro, but I'm interested in a club that is a bit more active with what is happining in the dive industry, preservation of Marine Environs, studies, etc. I find that the dive shops offer some really good opportunities to dive, but it ends there. I can appreciate that since theyr'e a business and have to stay alive. I'll have a look at the UBC website and see what's going on there.

Thanks!!

Jimi

Yah, I would definitely check out the AquaSoc, it's a great club...Well I am a bit biased in that I'm on the executive for the club. Well, anyways we do a lot of activites and try to get involved with some of those activites that you were talking about.

Check out the website for upcoming events...(especially the newsletter, that's where the goodies are).
And non-UBC students are always welcome...The membership fee is higher for non-UBC students, but I believe it's still worth it.

Dave

Yerba Mate:
Yah, I would definitely check out the AquaSoc, it's a great club...Well I am a bit biased in that I'm on the executive for the club. Well, anyways we do a lot of activites and try to get involved with some of those activites that you were talking about.

Check out the website for upcoming events...(especially the newsletter, that's where the goodies are).
And non-UBC students are always welcome...The membership fee is higher for non-UBC students, but I believe it's still worth it.

Dave

I'll have a look!!

Thanks,

Jimi

The Coquitlam Dive Club is very active, The Pinapeds at SFU are also active, Richmond has several clubs and the Vancouver club the Pescaderos may still be about, I’m not sure. Chilliwack also has a very active club. For UW-Photo the go to www.ubcps.bc.ca.

Hey Yerba,
Why did you choose the nickname? Just curious, I drink the stuff every chance I get, but you must have a really SPECIAL relationship with it.
SubQ

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom