Iris interface problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnclamp

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm just one of the squillions of people tearing their hair out over the I.R.I.S. USB interface. I run Vista 32-bit and have managed to upload the software after about 20 goes, but I get this message when I try to download my dive data from my Nemo Titanium:

L = 41 Error n. (9) - Subscript out of range.

How can I get around this problem? Help!!!

John.:(

Mares Rep!! please chime in I'm one of the squillions as well. A solution to this problem would be very welcome!!

Ok try this.
!!!MAKE SURE YOUR IRIS IS PLUGED IN TO USB PORT!!!!
Once you have checked that you have the right port – (go to control panel- click on, devices and printers, look for – CP 2102 USB to uart bridge controller and click on this – click on hardware, You should see (COM 4) or location port_#0001 . hub_#0004 -Both mean that your port is 4.

Now the important part is to turn off your ( UAC – user account control settings ) Go to Control panel – click on user accounts – click on (change user account control settings) – then change this to (never notify ).
If this works, please copy and paste to all forums, as I know this is a very common problem!!!
I use VISTA and WINDOWS 7
Regards
TOM

Really appreciate Tomsweb's response to this thread, however, I tried his suggestion and I've tried everything I can think of, yet I still cannot get the interface to work. I feel literally robbed by Mares as I spent good money on the (terribly designed) interface unit, yet it simply does not work with one of the most widely used operating systems. I'm never going to buy Mares equipment again, and I'm resigned to my Nemo deleting old dives as it goes round the clock. I'll just have to log them all in more written detail, something I bought the Nemo to avoid having to do.

As they say in Italy, Mares fare un bidone a io (which means they swindled my ass).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom