Ireland in September...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pierc52a

Registered
Reaction score
Hey All,

I'm heading to Ireland for the 1st time in September and would like to get in a few dives. We will be to the south a little and on the west coast for most of the trip and then jump over to Dublin at the end. I am comfortable in the colder waters - the 50F range - and doing more challenging dives but I am traveling with a novice diver. So I am wondering a few things...

- What shops do you recommend and why?
- What dive sites do you recommend and why? beach and boat
- Any good eateries off the beaten path you've found - I'm a foodie whos likes range from hole in the walls to fancy pants places :)
- Anything else you want to share, I'd love to hear it.

Thank you!

Hi pierc52a,

When your on the west coast give a call to Kilkee Dive center they are on facebook. There is some great diving there. I am a member of the local dive club. there are up to 20 good dive sites within 10 minutes of the pier with sites for novice diver too. September is one of my favorite months to dive on the west coast in Ireland, but its weather dependent.
There is any amount of great food places nearby like Naughton's of Kilkee or Murphy Blacks Restaurant
There are some local diving short clips on my channel Sinimod Studios
enjoy the trip

My path leads me through Ireland in September as well! Thank you for the recommendations. Uninspired to haul my dive kit with me so I may need to hire some if I'm going to get wet. Looking into our family lineage but sorely tempted to enjoy some diving too.

Cameron

I can recommend Oceanaddicts in Kinsale. They have a large liveaboard but also a smaller hard boat. They used to have a couple of large RHIBs too.

They teach so have kit and wetsuits available. They are very nice people too. Kinsale is an excellent place to visit too, apart from the golf club. They are a bunch of ****s.

Over on the West Coast I've used Scubadive west, near Letterfrack, north of Galway. They are very good.

Enjoyed a chat at the dive shop today! Top rate shop from the look of it with all the kit I could possibly desire. With schedule permitting I'll be wet tomorrow! If plans change the drive and conversation itself was well worth the trip.

Thank you.
Cameron

I'm pleased to have been of help.

I do agree the country side was stunning. We where very lucky during the week we visited, we had beautiful weather and stunning diving.

The people are also wonderful.

Gareth

If you don't get the opportunity to dive - see the link for a few pictures from our visit.

St Ives Sub Aqua Forum - Ireland 2016

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom