IQ800 and Humidity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Desert_Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have had a problem with my IQ800 going into Dive Mode and staying there in high humidity environments, eg Bonaire, Palau, Yap, etc. You cannot get into Log Mode, nor can you set your Nitrox mix when this happens. Has anyone else had this problem? How did you correct it (short of going into an air conditioned room)?

Art

Hi Desert Diver-
The water sensor on the IQ-800 is quite sensitive and also is pressure sensitive, however, in typical high humidity conditions we have not seen a dive mode lock situation. If you are positive that sensor is wiped dry with no residual water around the area and that the sensor is not being depressed in any way and the issue persists, please contact your TUSA retailer who can arrange a return to us for evaluation and repair/replacement as necessary.

Thank you for your response.

I am not sure of the location of the water sensor or pressure sensor. When I have had access to pressurized air (eg compressed air on the camera table on a liveabord), I have used the compressed air to blow water off the computer. Sometimes the compressed air puts the computer back into the Time Mode, but only for a very short time. Short time is defined as the amount of time it takes to try and change the computer to Log Mode. I very seldom can reach the second "display page" of the Log Mode before the computer reverts to Dive Mode.

The dive shop where I purchased the computer has gone out of business. Can I take it into any TUSA retailer?

Thanks,

Art

Hello Desert Diver -
You may visit any TUSA retailer for assistance with your IQ-800 computer. To find a dealer in your area take advantage of the Find a Retailer feature on the TUSA website.

Back
Top Bottom