Invasion vs. Surge?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tep

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What's the difference between a ScubaBoard Invasion and a ScubaBoard Surge?

I plan to do the Caribbean next year, and saw both invasions and surges listed for prior years.

Until someone comes along with more details, I’ll throw in that Invasions are larger (which limits choice of host properties to those which can accommodate such a group) and tend to be in summer, whereas Surges have smaller group size and tend to be in winter.

@cardzard may give a better answer.
nice..

drrich2 is correct and stated it well.
1 thing I will add is that at the SURGE we usually allow Manufactures/ Sponsors to attend and bring gear for Crew Members to play with.
I’m ready for a surge and I wish I went on the last invasion. When and where will the surge be? Somewhere warm I hope!

I’m ready for a surge and I wish I went on the last invasion. When and where will the surge be? Somewhere warm I hope!
We will not be having a SURGE event until possibly 2024, we need to see how Covid is going to be this winter.
The Invasion will in Roatan at Anthony Key Resort June 17-24 2023.
I will be posting the details in the near future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom